WOMEN'S EMPOWERMENT 2009





I was one of the designer's lucky enough to be invited to show my collection at Women's Empowerment 2009.





Women’s Empowerment is Radio One Raleigh’s largest and most anticipated event. Year after year, thousands of African American women (and men) come to Women’s Empowerment for an entire day of education, entertainment and empowerment. The event is held in front of over 80,000 people. Actually being from Raleigh, NC myself, made my involvement in the show that much sweeter.


I debuted my new "Faces of Ekqualyte" collection with a bit of a twist, and the fashion show was a huge success.










It was a star studded event, as it is every year. Keynote speakers this year included Mary J. Blige, Jennifer Hudson, Bobby Valentino, Mary Mary, 9th Wonder, Laman Rucker, and more.

**Created in 1994, in honor of Women’s History Month, Women’s Empowerment was designed to enhance the lives of African American women by addressing issues that specifically impact their “health, hearts and pocketbooks.” Throughout the day, this expo-styled event offers seminars, workshops, demonstrations, sampling, and shopping. It was an experience I will never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment